10 August 2007

KOTBR #24 - First Anniversary Roundtable at Deano's - Dogfish Head 90 Minute

That was overwhelming in every way.

The people

When we started to put together our first anniversary party we joked that we were going to be bringing Deano a huge crowd - as it turns out we didn't need to joke. I met a ton of great people again last night; further proof that beer people are good people.

The beer

Dogfish 90 Minute - My notes from last night aren't as specific as usual because 90 Minute is a hard beer to write about. A sweet nose followed by an over the top smoothness (if there is such a thing). Smoother than the 60 Minute, which was previously one of my top beers. 90 Minute is better than that - carmelly, surprisingly not that hoppy, and worth the price of admission. My notes say "JESUS CHRIST". It's a 5 mug beer.

My filter

Those folks I talked to last night caught me in rare form - talkative.

My digestive system

My consumption, in a three hour window, went something like this: Dark Horse Crooked Tree, Dogfish 90, another 90, another 90, Bell's Two Hearted, another 90... and then out to the car where I waited for Gina to drive me home. I left about half of what I drank splattered in the parking lot, along with the sandwich I had eaten for supper.

We normally don't drink to get drunk at Hoosier Beer Geek, so this was a rare occasion.

Thank You.

It was great to see so many folks out last night, and I'd like to thank you all for making the evening such a success. Sometimes writing a blog feels like you're working in a bubble, so I was great to see that's not the case.

We hope to see you all again soon.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mike,
    You guys said "no one ever leaves comments." So here's your comment. Scott & I had a blast with ya'll at Deano's. We will definitely be returning for future events. Retro night sounds extremely entertaining & since I've never been to the Melody Inn it'll be a double wammy.
    Here's a few German beers that make my list of favs:
    Franzikaner - Dunkel
    Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen
    Bitburger

    and there's so many more that you can only get seasonally (Maibocks, etc.)

    Again, last night was fantastic, and keep in touch!

    Tamre

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, what you are saying is that you first posted your review in Deano's parking lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Jason.

    I'm a little worried that I might not like 90 Minute the next time I try it... I usually don't like things I've thrown up previously.

    It was good while it last though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tamre, thanks for commenting and for coming out.

    Mike, I have a feeling that you'll get over your barf-shyness when it comes to 90 Minute in the future.

    ReplyDelete