23 January 2008

I must be traveling on now

On August 8th of 2006, I started this blog with just the sole intention of raising the discussion about good beer. I could never have imagined that it would have taken off as it has, garnering so much attention and so many readers, and becoming part of the lexicon when discussing good beer in Indiana. I am very proud that I have made a positive contribution to the beer community. So it was with something of a heavy heart (or lazy ass, according to Jason) that I informed my fellow Knights earlier today that I am officially resigning my status as a Knight of the Beer Roundtable. I've got a lot of cool things going on in my life right now, and those things, along with my family, need my full attention. And so, to quote the best Southern Rock band of all-time, "I must be traveling on now."

The Knights are all very wonderful people. It has been a sincere pleasure to become friends with all of them over the last year and a half, and I couldn't think of a better group of people to drink with or to keep this blog running. They've even made me a Knight Emeritus (I think that means that I'm supposed to somehow buy someone some beer), and I will continue to show up to roundtables as my schedule permits.

Thanks to all of you for reading my stuff over the last year and a half, and for raising the conversation about good beer in Indiana!

Cheers!

Chris

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I had a tear in my eye until you quoted "Free Bird." Nothing like cheesy classic rock to ruin a good moment.

    Still, we bow to your greatness, oh Supreme Founder. We know you're not going to be a complete stranger, so we'll still have plenty of opportunities to haze you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the site, I love what it has done for the local beer scene. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for creating this wonderful blog Chris. I hardly knew ye! Hope to see you from time to time at future HBG events!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Say it ain't so! This is a joke, right? You've only just begun to enlighten the throngs of Hoosiers who so desparately need your guidance. Lord have mercy on your soul. And thank you for what you have done for Indiana and its beers!

    ReplyDelete