10 April 2008

Random Beer Roundup

It's that special time of year - April 10th - which means we're only twelvetyteen days from our next anniversary party. Sounds like as good an excuse to drink as any, right?

Even we can't make "brewed with barley, hops, and shards of glass" sound good - It's in the best interest of everyone that we let you know about the Sam Adams recall.

Sure, but which on goes better with Oscar Meyer bologna? - From the Mercury News comes this article about one of Dogfish Head founder Sam Calagione's beer vs. wine dinners - and a mention of his new book.

Beer people: Dedicated. Maybe a little crazy. - A guy over at the beer advocate forums spends his spare time browsing Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau records and stumbles across what appears to be a new beer from Bell's.

Three blogs for every beer - The always growing Indiana beer website family adds a new member with Brew Bits - who's reporting on the R. Bistro/3 Floyds Craft Beer dinner on Tuesday, May 6. Welcome to the family, Brew Bits - I'm right there with you on the Triple.

Subscribers: 0 - And if you were ever wondering about the creative process behind the graphics at Hoosier Beer Geek, I've written a short guide over on my stupid blog. One thing I failed to mention - it was Jason's idea to have the sausages flying out of the car windows on the Oktoberfest poster. I guess the odd thing is that he's requested sausages on every poster since.

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to quit this website and start Hoosier Sausage Geek. Whose with me?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what that URL would cost you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out. You guys do a great job and I think the HBG, WCB & Big Car poster is awesome. I love the clean, black background with the crisp green photo and text.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sam ain't so bad - seems like most folks i know are fans of the black lager - and the scotch ale is nice as well...

    i'm sure there's more, but they ain't jumping out for me right now.

    ReplyDelete