We hope to see you at Tailgate for Nothing 8 this Saturday from 11 a.m. to ??? in Sun King Brewing Company's back parking lot. The theme: Pot Food! More details here.
Here are the ground rules for the event and some tips for you if you're going to attend:
- Weather. We all know that the weather in Indiana is unpredictable. Therefore, regardless of Saturday's weather forecast, we recommend that you bring a canopy if you have one in case the weather decides not to cooperate. Here's hoping that we have sunny skies and warm temperatures.
- Travel. The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is taking place on Saturday morning. The Race course is limited to the IUPUI campus. So if you avoid that part of downtown, you should be fine in getting to Sun King. If for some reason you're coming from the west side and would normally travel through campus to get to the brewery, maps of the Race course can be found here so you can plan your detour accordingly. And if you're participating in the Race, don't let that stop you from coming to TFN8. We'll be tailgating into the evening hours.
- Parking. When you arrive, please park your car in Sun King's back lot if there are spaces available there. Do not park in the main lot in front of the brewery. If there aren't any spaces open in the back lot when you arrive, plenty of parking should be available on the surrounding streets.
- Victuals. We don't have many rules for this thing, but one rule we expect everyone to follow is this: Please bring beer and food to share. The beer and food don't have to be anything super-rare or of gourmet quality. Just bring something tasty. Don't be a freeloader.
- Courtesy. Please pick up your trash before you leave. Our friends at Sun King are doing us a big favor by letting us hold TFN8 at their place. Therefore, please return their kindness by not leaving a mess behind. Trash bags will be provided by the brewery to make the job easier.
- Keep off the hill. The hill behind the parking lot is off limits. Please don't go there. If you do, you'll have to suffer Jason's naked hugs. And believe me, you don't want to suffer them.
- I gotta pee. A portalet will be provided on site. Please use it if you have to go to the restroom. Do not go inside the brewery to use their restroom. Of course, it's okay to go inside the brewery if you want to buy more beer, but don't go in just to use their crapper.
We hope that you'll come out and enjoy a day of beer-sharing and food-sharing with us!