Events are subject to change
From the Brewers
From Darren at Bier Brewery in Indianapolis:
Here's what's on tap this week:
Sessie • Cream Ale • Scottish 80 Shilling • Weizengoot • Mild Brown • Oat Stout • 4 Banger Amber • Rye Pale • PDG Pale
From Bob at Flat 12 Bierwerks in Indianapolis:
1/26/13 Winterfest at Indiana State Fairgrounds
If you'd like to receive our newsletter, published Wednesdays at noon, please subscribe here (bottom of page).
January Tour Schedule
On the horizon: Flat Tuesday(2/12). Flat 12 Night at Sinking Ship(2/13). Valentine's Day Bleeding Heart IPA.
This was our third week of shipping Lift Off IPA. We are now in about thirty establishments in the cities of Bloomington, Carmel, Columbus, Fishers, Indianapolis, Muncie, Noblesville and Zionsville. As always we try to keep our locations up to date on our website at www.DaredevilBeer.com. If you know a place we should be shoot us an email at info@DaredevilBeer.com.
Our story: Daredevil Brewing Co: the making of a craft brewery
Over the last two weeks we have shared a two-part blog post on the journey we took over an 18 month period from business plan to batch #1 of Lift Off IPA. These posts are shared on our Daredevil Brewing Co Facebook page and our blog. The post includes how we approached branding, marketing, equipment, operations and the ups and downs that come with starting a craft brewery.
New locations for Lift Off IPA this week:
- Bloomington The Atlas Ballroom
- Indianapolis: Flatwater Restaurant, MacNivens Restaurant & Bar, The End of the Line and Tilley's Pub & Sports Grille
- Noblesville: Conner Station Pub & Eatery
- Shelbyville: Indiana Downs
Events coming up:
From Ryan at Thr3e Wise Men in Broad Ripple:
- Winterfest, January 26: This Saturday we will be at Winterfest pouring Lift Off IPA and our first seasonal, Muse Golden Belgian Ale. Stop over to meet Michael and Bill the brewers who make it all happen and of course try our craft beers.
- Fishers on Tap, February 23: We just announced this week we will be participating along with 7 other breweries in the 2nd Annual Fisher’s on Tap event held by the Fishers Rotary Club. More information at http://www.fishersontap.com/.
Thr3e Wise Men has a great list of upcoming seasonal tappings! We will be tapping our Can’t Dutch This White Belgian on Tuesday February 5th, Saint Slater’s Irish Whiskey Stout on Tuesday March 5th, Two Sisters Carolina Saison on Tuesday April 2nd and Double Pagoda Pit Road Red on Tuesday May 7th. Make sure to put these dates down on your calendar and make it out for these great tappings..
From David at Triton Brewing Co. in Lawrence:
Attention all restaurant and bar owners Thr3e Wise Men is now distributing our Snow Bunny Blonde and starting February 18th our Centennial Martyr Double IPA through Cavalier Distributing. Please reach out to your local Cavalier Rep or email Ryan Kellerman at email@example.com for more information.
Scotty’s Brewhouse Muncie & West Lafayette are now serving Bell’s Hopslam!! This is one of the best beers this time of year so make sure to hurry up and get while you can!
Scotty’s Brewhouse Downtown Indianapolis is now serving Thr3e Wise Men King Solomon’s Imperial Stout! Come in on Wednesday night to get a $10 48oz Pitcher of this great Stout!
From Lindsay at Upland Brewing Co. in Bloomington/Indianapolis/Carmel (coming soon!)
TRITON HOUSE BREWS
Fieldhouse Wheat, Four Barrel Brown, Magnificent Amber Ale, Deadeye Stout, Railsplitter India Pale Ale, Sin Bin Belgian Pale Ale, McQueenie’s Scotch Ale, Midnight Rail Black IPA, Alt Lang Syne, Bourbon Barrel I-65 Baltic Porter and 2012 Muletide (BJava Bourbon Barrel 1-65 Baltic Porter).
Dark Horse Cream Stout Too, Founder’s Breakfast Stout, J.W. Lees 2011 (Calvados Barrel Aged) Harvest, Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Rivertown Death and Widmer Omission Lager (bottle)
Triton Brewing Events
- Saturday, January 26, Winterfest at Indiana State Fairgrounds
- Saturday, February 2, 3-5pm Toddy Shop Beer Sampling in Brownsburg
- Saturday, February 2, 3-5pm Toddy Shop Beer Sampling in Brownsburg
- Tuesday, February 5, 8pm Tapping Party at Brothers Bar and Grill in Broad Ripple. Come taste the Railsplitter, Sin Bin and B-Java Brown!
- Friday, February 8, 6:30pm Pre-Show Beer Sampling at Indiana Repertory Theater
- Thursday, February 14, 5pm Tapping: B-Java Brown! Brewed with 10 lbs. of espresso beans roasted by B Java Coffee and Teas. Sure to please even the toughest critics! Two of our favorite beverages in one delicious brew! ALC/VOL 5.2% 25 IBU’s
- Friday, February 15, 6:30pm Pre-Show Beer Sampling at Indiana Repertory Theater
Friday, Jan. 25, 4-6 pm: tasting/sampling at 21st Amendment at 56th & IL
Mini takeover of the taps at Boombozz in Carmel and presenting 'Hops and Hoops" on January 30 for the IU / Purdue Basketball game. We'll have limited edition swag giveaways and Upland will be on special!From Beth at Sun King Brewing Company in Indianapolis:
• Winterfest on 1/26 - we will be bringing some speciality beers that only a few have had the opportunity to taste (list will be released at Winterfest). We will be tapping something new every half an hour on the hour and VIP will have something special to taste.At Bars, Restaurants, and Carry Out
• Cooking with Sun King Recipe Contest - check out SKB's Facebook page for the contest details. Recipe submissions running now through 1/31/13, must be 21+ to enter.
• Velvet Fog releases 1/28 2-pack cans will be available for purchase at $17.50. Liquor stores around town and around the state will have distribution of the cans.
• Bourbon Barrel Johan the Barleywine releases 1/28 - reservations have closed, but there will be a limited number available for purchase on a first come, first served bases at the brewery in the Tasting Room. $25 per can, one can per person.
• Replicale will be released on 1/28 in the Tasting Room for growler fills.
• Sun King Brewers Dinner at Indigo Duck (Franklin, IN) 1/29 - call Indigo Duck for reservations (5 course meal paired with Sun King specialities and house beers)
• Timmie Firkin Tapping at La Margarita on 1/31
From Jon at La Margarita in Fountain Square:
We are having our first annual Imperial Stout Weekend, starting Thursday, January 31st, with our Cask Party 4: Firkin in the Snow, which will be a cask of Sun King's Timmie Russian Imperial Stout. That day, and throughout the weekend, we will feature five awesome imperial stouts. For more information go to: http://lamargaritaindy.
Also, Sunday, February 17th, we will be hosting our Second Annual Fountain Square Pinball Classic. Details and ticket information will be available as of Wednesday, January 9th, starting at 12 p.m. There will be 36 tournament spots and 25 free play spots. The event is open to the public, and will feature DJs Dicky Foxxx and Salazar, as well as a stellar draft selection and a necessary bowl of Pinball Punch. For more information go to: http://lamargaritaindy.
From Ryan at Scotty's Brewhouse in various locations:
Scotty’s Brewhouse Muncie and West Lafayette are now serving Bell’s Hopslam!! Come get this beer while you can since it will go very fast!From Mike at Yogi's in Bloomington:
From Patrick at Patrick's Kitchen & Drinks in Zionsville:
PKD BEER LISTFrom Keg Liquors in Clarksville and New Albany:
Old Rasputin Imperial Stout (Nitro)-$6.50 12oz
Bloomington Brewing Java Porter-$5.25 Pint
Bloomington Brewing Rooftop IPA-$6.75 Pint
BBC Ruby Bloom (Amber)-$5.25 Pint
Three Floyds Dreadnaught-$7.50 12oz
Boulevard Double-Wide IPA-$6.75 12oz
Boulevard Tank 7 (Belgian style Ale)-$7.50 12oz
Triton RailSplitter IPA-$6.75 Pint
La Trappe (Belgian Quad)-$10.50 10oz
Bloomington Brewing Dunkelweiss-$4.25 Pint
Sun King Cream Ale-$5.25
Bell’s Oarsman Ale-$4.25
Tyranena Dirty Old Man (imperial rye)-$6.50
Founders Cerise (cherry fermented ale)-$5.25
Orkney Skull Splitter (authentic Scottish)-$8.00
Duvel (the classic Belgian golden ale)-$9.75
Chimay Blue (9%abv and a fabulous Belgian golden ale)-$10.50
Boulevard Brewing 80-Acre (hoppy wheat)
Boulevard Brewing Unfiltered Wheat
Hoegaarden (Belgian wit)
Budweiser, Bud Light, Coors Light, Miller Light, Mich Ultra, O’Doul’s (non-alcoholic)
Bosteels Tripel Karmeliet 25.4oz-$19.50
Three Floyds Arctic Panzer Wolf 22oz-$13.75
Three Floyds Calumet Queen 22oz-$13.75
Moorhouse's Blond Bitch 16.9oz-$10.50
New Albanian Black & Blue Grass 22oz-$13.75
Hoppin' Frog Triple IPA Hop Dam 22oz-$17.50
Ommegang - XV 15th Anniversary Ale (New York) Straffe Hendrik - Heritage 2011 (Belgium) New Albion - Ale (Massachusetts) Aspall - Imperial Cider (England) Aspall - Cuvee Chevallier Cider (England) Two Brothers - Northwind Imperial Stout (Illinois) Brewdog - Hardcore IPA (Scotland) Ty Ku - Silver Sake (Japan) Brooklyn - Sorachi Ace (New York) Southampton - Saison Deluxe (New York) Aspall - Demi-Sec Cider (England) Morland - Old Golden Hen (England)
From the Distributors:
From Jen at Cavalier:
WHAT’S NEW IN THE CAVALIER WAREHOUSE
• New Day Breakfast Magpie – Black Raspberry Mead brewed with coffee; limited seasonal release; draft only
• Breckenridge Pandora’s Bock – Traditional Bock Style; seasonal offering; 6 pack and draft
• Thirsty Dog Irish Setter Red – Irish Red Ale; seasonal offering; 6 pack and draft
• Great Divide Orabelle Triple – Abbey Triple; new seasonal offering; 6 pack and draft
• Great Divide Espresso Yeti – Russian Imperial Stout brewed with Espresso Beans; seasonal offering; 22oz bottle and draft
• Great Divide Old Ruffian – American Barley Wine; seasonal offering; 22oz bottle and draft
• Aspall Blush Cider – Dry Cider made with Blackberry Liqueur; new everyday offering; 6.9oz bottle only
• Aspall Cuvee Cider – Dry Sparkling Cider; new everyday offering; 750ml bottle only
• Aspall Dry Cider – European Dry Cider; new everyday offering; 16.9oz bottle only
• Aspall Demi-Sec Cider – Medium Dry Cider; new everyday offering; 16.9oz bottle only
• Aspall Imperial Cider – Sweet Dessert Cider; new everyday offering; 16.9oz bottle only
• Aspall Organic Cider - Bittersweet Apple Cider; new everyday offering; 16.9oz bottle only
1/25 – Cavalier Tap Takeover @ Ralston’s; 7pm
1/30 - New Albanian Hoosier Daddy Event @ 800 Degrees 3 Fires in Ft. Wayne; TBA
1/30 – Craft Beer School @ Hearthstone featuring BBC beers; 7pm
2/1 – Girls Night Out @ Fickle Peach in Muncie featuring B. Nakter and New Days Meads
2/4 – Left Hand Tasting @ Vecchio’s Italian Market in Newburgh; 5:30-7:30pm
2/8 – Powerhouse Brewing Tasting @ The Heorot in Muncie;
2/9 Craft Tasting @ Keg N Bottle on Broadway in Anderson; 3-5pm
2/11 – Beer Dinner @ Matt the Millers; details and menu TBA
2/14 – “Epic Night for Riley” featuring Stone Vertical Epic 03-12 @ Chatham Tap in Fishers; all proceeds go to Riley Hospital; TBA
2/25 – New Day Meadery Dinner @ JK O’Donnell’s in Ft. Wayne; TBA
From Deb at Indy Beer Lab:
From Donna at Riley Heart Research Center:We are at City Market in The Demo Kitchen doing home brewing demonstrations and classes for the person wishing to learn the brewing process.
All demos are at City Market (in the demo kitchen on the main level)Times are subject to change. Please contact Indybeerlab@gmail.com for questions or additional information.
January 2013Thursday 1/31 6PM-8:30PM Demo
Saturday 2/2 Demonstration 10AM-3PM
Thursday 2/7 Class 6PM-8:30PM
Saturday 2/16 Demonstration 10AM-3PM
Thursday 2/21 Class/Steeping Grains 6PM-8:30PM
Saturday 2/23 Demonstration 10AM-3PM
Thursday 2/28 Class/Partial Boil
DATE: Friday, February 8, 2013
TIME: 6:30 – 10:00 PM
6:30 – 9:00 PM Silent Auction open
7:00 – 10:00 PM Tastings
PLACE: Omni Severin, 40 W. Jackson Place, downtown Indy
Must be 21 years of age to attend. Please sample responsibly.
$35 Advance Purchase (Dec 14, 2012 – Feb 5, 2013)
$45 Late Purchase and At the Door (Feb 6 – 8, 2013)
$10 Designated Driver
Go online to www.heartresearch.iupui.edu or contact Donna Fischer at firstname.lastname@example.org, 317-278-1130 for more information and to purchase tickets.