We hope to see you at the seventh edition of Hoosier Beer Geek's Tailgate for Nothing on Saturday, November 3, from 11 a.m. to ??? in Sun King Brewing Company's back parking lot. The theme: Wiener Time! More details here.
Here are some ground rules and tips for you if you're going to attend:
- Weather. The current forecast shows that it will be
- Travel. The Indianapolis Monumental Marathon is taking place on Saturday morning. We think that most of the runners should be done by the time we get started with TFN7, but you might want to plan your route to Sun King accordingly. Maps of the marathon course can be found here.
- Parking. When you arrive, please park your car in the back lot at Sun King if there are still spaces available there. Do not park in the main lot out in front of the brewery. If there aren't any spaces in the back lot by the time you arrive, there should be plenty of parking available on the surrounding streets.
- Victuals. We don't have many rules for this thing, but one rule we expect everyone to follow is this: bring beer and food to share. The beer and food don't have to be anything special. Just bring something tasty and preferably wiener-related (please see the theme above). No one appreciates a freeloader.
- Courtesy. You are expected to clean up after yourselves, so please pick up your trash. Our friends at Sun King are doing us a favor by letting us hold the event at their place, so return their kindness by not leaving a mess behind. They've even agreed to provide trash bags, so please use them to dispose of your garbage.
- Keep off the hill. The hill behind the parking lot is off limits. Please don't go there.
- I gotta pee. A portalet will be provided on site. Please use it if you have to go to the restroom. Do not go inside the brewery to use their restroom. Of course, it's okay to go inside the brewery if you want to buy more beer, but don't go in just to use their crapper.
We hope that you'll come out and enjoy a day of beer-sharing and food-sharing with us!