We're less than a week away from the fifth edition of our semi-annual Tailgate for Nothing, which will take place this Saturday from 11 a.m. in the back parking lot at Sun King Brewing Company. While the full details about the event are here, here are some quick tips if you plan to attend:
1. The Indianapolis Monumental Marathon/Half-Marathon is being held on the same day as TFN5. The marathon course will take the runners all over the downtown area. Therefore, you might want to take a look at the route map and plan your trip to Sun King accordingly, especially if you plan to arrive at 11.
2. The event is kid- and pet-friendly, so feel free to bring your little ones, regardless of whether they walk on four legs or two.
3. The current forecast (as of 10:30 p.m. on 10/30) looks great -- 63 degrees and partly sunny -- but we recommend that you bring a canopy if you have one. Even if it doesn't rain, it doesn't take much to get a sunburn if you plan on hanging out for most of the day.
4. If you have a tasting glass, bring it. There should be a lot of beer to share, and the smaller glasses are the best way to go about sharing and keeping yourself under control.
5. Bring friends. TFN5 is all about having a great time, so the more, the merrier.
6. As always, TFN is a no freeloaders event; please bring food and beer with
you. If you don't have a giant special beer, that's not a problem. Just
make sure you bring something tasty. This isn't a rare beer contest.
It's just a good time.
7. Finally, Jason thinks it's already time to start celebrating Christmas because he's our resident Christmas Creep. He'll undoubtedly be singing Christmas songs on Saturday. But like most crazy people, he'll go away if you ignore him.
We'll see you on Saturday!