Although we presented you (our readers) with a very short window in which to vote, you turned out, made your voices heard, and demanded results. And here they are.
But first, we offer our thanks to everyone for voting. To the winners, we offer our congratulations. The public has spoken -- and they like you. Keep up the good work. To collect your awards, please leave a comment. If you're extra friendly, I'll order you a sticker or something. Or how about a certificate of achievement? I can do that. You'll have to buy your own frame. Believe it or not, we have even less of a budget than you do.
On with the parade:
We suspected that most of our readers are from Indianapolis or the areas nearby. But we've also got at least one reader in the Virgin Islands, and a couple in Florida. You're of an average age of 33.29 years, and 19% of you are women. Yay women.
2. Which Indiana brewery is producing your favorite lineup of Indiana beers?
1. Three Floyds Brewing Company - Munster - 59.8%
2. Brugge Beer and Brasserie - Indianapolis - 12.4%
3. Upland Brewing Company - Bloomington - 8.2%
Our answer: Three Floyds. A lineup that ranges from wild (Dark Lord, Alpha Kong) to mild (Gumballhead, Blackheart English IPA), consistent quality, and a generous dose of hops keep us coming back for more.
3. Which is your favorite Indiana craft beer retailer?
1. Kahn's Fine Wine and Spirits - Indianapolis - 18.7%
2. (Tie) Crown Liquors - Various locations - 14.3%
2. (Tie) The Hop Shop - Indianapolis - 14.3%
Our answer: No consensus. We all live in different areas of town, which means we all shop different places. But that's a good thing - no matter where you're living in Indianapolis, good beer shouldn't be hard to find. We had votes for Kahn's, Crown, Goose the Market, Stoney's Still, and Parti Pak.
4. Which is your favorite Indiana beer bar?
1. MacNiven's Restaurant and Bar - Indianapolis - 15.0%
2. Rathskeller - Indianapolis - 13.8%
3. Heorot - Muncie - 12.5%
Honorable mention: J. Gumbo's. Despite the fact that I somehow forgot to put it in the list, J. Gumbo's was just one vote shy of tying The Heorot.
Our answer: Deano's Vino. Despite a widely distributed sample of voting, Deano's Vino came up more than any other establishment. Sure, we'd love to see more taps, but the beer menu is serviceable, the confines are cozy, and (if you catch Nick on Thursday - Saturday) the friendly ribbing of the bartender is top notch. Despite visiting a lot of bars, Deano's always feels like home.
Addition votes for MacNiven's, Shallos, J. Gumbo's, The Heorot, and Rich O's.
5. Which is your favorite Indiana Brewpub?
1. Brugge Brasserie - Indianapolis - 32.0%
2. Broad Ripple Brewpub - Indianapolis - 13.4%
3. Three Floyds - Munster - 9.3%
Our answer: Brugge Brasserie. A pretty close to perfect brewpub food menu, a friendly staff, fresh Black, White, and Tripel - if they could just get rid of that cantankerous owner/brewer, they'd really have something.
Just kidding - we love you, Crazy Kegs (Ted).
6. Which of the Indiana sister-state breweries (with beer in Indiana) is producing your favorite beer lineup?
1. Bell's - Michigan - 39.2%
2. Founders - Michigan - 33.0%
3. Goose Island - Illinois - 7.2%
Our answer: In a close race, Founders beat out Goose Island and Bell's by just one vote.
7. Which Hoosier Beer Geek Knight of the Beer Roundtable would you like to buy a beer for first?
1. You're all a bunch of bums - 54.2%
2. Kelly - 11.5%
3. Gina - 10.4%
Our answer: Everyone. Though Jason voted for himself, Chris voted for Mike, Rod and Jess voted for each other, and Kelly and Matt voted for each other (though Matt only voted for Kelly so he could drink her beer), "Everyone" received the most votes. I'm guessing that'll be hard to collect on.
8. Are you aware of the Hoosier Beer Geek New Year's Party at Deano's Vino on Wednesday, December 31st, at 9PM(ish)? And that (in addition) we're working on a Hoosier Beer Geek Breakfast with Ted at Brugge for sometime in January? Do either of those sound like something you might attend?
65.7% of you said yes. We'll hold you to your word.